Monday, July 20, 2009

I squeezed in another one last week in between Waugh's Well and Holme Moss - Widdop on Wednesday night. Got pipped again by George Arnold (V70) of Preston Harriers. Where do these 70 year olds get their energy from?

On chatting to him after the race he mentioned YJ being the first entrant in the first race he'd organised, amazing that me and YJ had the same conversation in the car up to Wasdale. Anyway he's planning to do the JNC next summer with a friend of his Harry Johnson (also V70) from Newburgh Nomads. It sounds as though he's going to use the full 24 hours so I might be able to offer to help out for the running on this one!

EtU should be relieved to know that there's nothing in the little book that I can do next week, I'm going to get withdrawal symptoms. So I better make the most of Stoney Middleton and Gritstone Tryal this week.

TF

No comments: