Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Closing Down

Referring to your Oban experience EtU, I should declare that Stafford and "closing down" go hand-in-hand. Taking myself as an example, today I went to see a Orthopaedic Practicioner about my shoulder which closed down just before Christmas and shows little interest in re-opening. The Practicioner had an optomistic but rather naive view that it could be coaxed into altering it's attitude.

Then there's my moody knee which, unless constantly nursed, goes into a sulk and closes down for about six months. Finally, as you are aware my brain closed down many years ago with a notice declaring, "All items of value have been removed".

The one redeeming fact is that the Distillery remains open to produce whisky, whilst I remain open to consume it. This is a most agreeable and civilised state of affairs whose status I am eager to retain for a considerable number of years.

Tomorrow I hope to have a rare Thursday utup session. 6.30 I presume.

No comments: