Monday, July 06, 2009

After a pleasant morning pushing young Ted round the Jumbles, it was a mad dash to park at Roddlesworth Info Centre and reach the registration of Tockholes Fell race in time. Hot and bothered before the start, the day gradually got worse as the wandering through Sunnyhurst wood led to a long, even hotter, climb to the Tower. It was with great relief the end finally arrived and with it a welcome drink. I was definitely dehydrated by the end which is probably why I found it so tough.

Luckily I had worn my gps and so had quite a few so we were able to compare how far we had done. This ranged from the actual length, 5.8miles, through my distance, 6.28, right up to 7m. All due to a Teddy Bear Picnic in the woods with a walk and a problem with 2 sets of flags. I think Gordon took my route and finished a couple of minutes after me. Suzanne Budget came in first woman and Graham Schofield first Horwich man, 5th overall. I was 83rd.

Hope you all had good weekends and think you should do the 3rd and last in this series on 22 August as it's up to the Tower yet again. Don't want to do Tower ever again after that!

No comments: