Sunday, June 28, 2009

A Short Week in Oban

I'll not bore you with tales of playing mid-wife to the cat, conflict in a chip shop, cross-country mountain bike rides to the pub, being crag fast (twice) on a Munroe, or multiple tastings of the local malt, but you may like to see these shots of the high point (literally) of my week just south of Oban.

The far top is Ben Cruacan (3,694 ft) taken from Stob Diamh (3,274 ft) during my circuit of the Dalmally Horseshoe. The top in the middle distance is Drochaid Ghlas. This shot, again of Ben Cruachan, taken after traversing Drochaid Ghlas, shows residual snow, two days after midsummer's day!

Apart from the crag fast incidents, another slightly dodgy moment was when I started to feel a bit strange just before the final top, and realised that at 6:00 pm, I'd only had one banana and an energy drink since the previous night's malts. I sat down for a while and had my remaining drink, and then bagged the final of the six tops and trudged wearily back to the car ~ and, no, my mother didn't know I was out!

EtU

No comments: