Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Holcombe Two Towers 4m/1300ft

An invite to a ladies charity luncheon today meant an attempt to do a transformation from TF to DD (Delectable Diva) to FF (Fearless Fellrunner) all in the space of 6 hours. A tall order.

Quite a novel experience for me to turn up to a race with full ‘slap’ on (in Rochdale this do), only having had enough time to change outfits from the DD to FF. Given the weather conditions we were to run in, I was about make one further transformation, this time to CC (Coco Clown). My time pre-race would have been better spent removing the cosmetics but retaining the DD footwear. The heels would have given me a better purchase going downhill and the strappy design would have reduced any waterlogging tendency.

But I digress, back to the nitty gritty, I started last and finished last. Time – I didn’t ask, winner – someone fast, likely to be male.

I’ve decided to have a run from the gym tomorrow so I can get home a bit earlier. No utup for me on Saturday either.

TF

No comments: