Monday, June 22, 2009

Darwen Fell Series (& Two Lads)

Very embarrassing, looking at your 20 mile excursions at the weekend as my mileage was a big fat zero. And we shall be away in Newcastle this weekend, so that will also limit the running although at least Diane may drag me out for a training run - hope I can keep up with her.

Just noticed there has been no report on Thursday's Two Lads Fell Race. I would have thought there would have been a full turnout of the Thursday night gang but alas only Ed and myself were there at the start line. Had my second battle in a week with Mark Sammon who just shaded me by a few seconds on the run in. Meanwhile my real battle was to stay ahead of another runner in the Civil Service North West Fell Champs, which according to the results I acheived by one second! This resulted in me not only counting in the gold medal winning team but also winning the individual bronze medal. Okay not many taking part this year but you can only beat who's there on the day. Chatting with Mary W's husband after the race, I find he is also a CSSC member but didn't run this year!
Ed was much improved over Henderson's End, closing on me like a good descender does.

How about having a wfdbwgua presence at the Darwen fell Series this year? First one is Aggie's Staircase this Thursday then Tockholes Gala on July 4th (think I may have to skip Rossendale Relay LDWA event due to having to go to a wedding previous day which may not be good preparation for a 5.30am start). Series is completed with Darwen Gala Race on Aug 22nd. Or are these races much too short?

No comments: