Wednesday, May 06, 2009

With a Little Help from My Friends

April was my last full month of preparation for J Day. Planned mileage of 215 was achieved with only three hours to spare, giving the scheduled average of 50 miles per week. Actual week by week miles varied between a high of 60 and a low of 43, this latter figure resulting from missing Saturday 25th due to a work commitment.

Performance varied greatly, with many days of feeling very tired and the odd one of feeling that real progress was being made. On one of my better days I met FSS who declared that although the approaching figure looked like me it couldn't be because it was going so well! A back-handed compliment if ever there was one!

Some weight has finally been shed; BMI on the last weigh-day in April was 23.5 against a post Christmas high of 24.4, but still only half way to the 22.5 target. No further significant reduction is envisaged as the taper starts after next Monday evening's Lakeland trip.

FSS's successful crossing was a good boost as I felt good on the day and it would have been difficult not to be encouraged by the general feeling of well-being.

Support now fully organised, except for final logistics from Dunmail, which I understand are still being arranged. I will write up full arrangements and email to all interested parties shortly.

Special thanks go to NLN (No Longer Not unscathed/) for sacrificing her good looks to the cause ~ good luck in the Fellsman.

EtU (or is it finally EtR?)

No comments: