Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Totally Upstaged

Just when you think you’ve got an impressive injury you find yourself totally upstaged. A colleague's mother was taken off the Ingleton waterfalls route by Mountain Rescue Team with a broken ankle on Friday and is now in Lancaster Hospital recovering!! What can I say!

In response to my query re substance of choice, here are some contributions from the staff room: a) Seems so obvious but Vaseline - a pre-requisite for any kitbag for injury prevention for all those oh so sensitive areas b) Voltorol tablets(diclafenic), now available without prescription, great anti-inflammatory, although needs to take with food as can aggravate stomach: c) Red Bull (sugar free) gives a massive dose of caffeine and no nasty artificial colours or flavouring – although ProPlus is probably easier to carry! d)Guranja tablets (used by a friend of a friend!!!)– I think that is how you spell it – they look like big horse tablets - not sure what these are for!

Last one sounds very iffy! I add disclaimer for any of the above as I have not tried them myself, particularly the last one. But will try to get b) for Sat!

NLN

No comments: