Wednesday, May 27, 2009

More pics & comments

Well done TF for managing so well at Dunmail. Not only did she feed and serve hot drinks to our group but I think she sorted the other group out as well. In fact I believe Joe Public on its way up north dropped off for refuelling. YJ and I didn't have to think of anything, for which the world is always glad. In addition she drove about 4 million and 237.33 recurring, miles. However she did blot her copybook at the end by not hitting me on the head and saying "Give Ed his car keys back you silly old fool". Fortunately logistics meant he had to carry a spare one, which saved me a trip to Santon Bridge next day.

Regarding "I only wear a vest in the Arctic because modesty decrees", Nico. She looked after Ed on the final section like a mother hen, sticking to him like a Limpet. But this didn't compensate for the severe impact on his morale that she made when he saw her all wrapped up at Sty Head. Until then he hadn't realised how bad the weather was. He'd thought it was sunbathing weather.

To most of us, taking on a mountain, means trying to climb it. To NLN it means giving it the Glasgow kiss. There were numerous opportunities to head-butt rocks and boulders but she showed not the slightest interest. This was deeply disappointing and thoughtless behaviour. I had a First-aid pack in my sack, not for Ed but for her and I was never in any danger of having to use it.

For the reasons given above I can only score them 2 out of 10.


Haycock


Seatallan


Middle Fell


Do I really want to shake his hand?


Go on then.

No comments: