Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Drained on the trail
After 17 years of running most of the Chorley 4 Series each year, a new event beckoned in Chorley as the road race was replaced by a two lap 4.4 mile trail race through Astley Park. Got there in plenty of time, got some stretching in and started the race. It wasn't long before I realised that I wasn't firing on all cylinders and still had Monday's race in my legs. 36 minutes of not agony but certainly not ecstasy followed. The results show that I was behind a few people I would normally beat but don't be fooled by Albert being behind me - he was jogging round with his daughter. I think for next month, trail shoes would be better than road shoes unless it is bone dry - tonight had stretches where they would have been preferable. I shall be resting tomorrow and am undecided between Belmont Winter Hill, the Malham Meander or nothing on Saturday.
BTW, results are now available for Wray Caton so I've added to my post of Monday.

No comments: