Tuesday, April 07, 2009

First Fell Race of the Year

Unless my memory is playing tricks, this Saturday will be my first fell race of the year. As we are up in the Lakes, I've had to go for the only one in the area - the Anniversary Waltz. Not sure if it is a bit ambitious for me with my lack of racing this year, but it is that or nothing. It does look an excellent route so I'm hoping for good weather and will try not to burn out to soon - nice photos of last year's race here (on flickr). Well at least I got in a couple of hours on Sunday with the Rivi school - White Coppice - Great Hill - Horden Stoops and back via Georges Lane & Chinese Gardens route. Also managed my first track session of the year tonight and fared better than I expected.
So for all those doing the Pike Race, have a good'un - is Ed doing both Pikes? I may see one or two of you at the presentation a week on Friday where after 19 years of trying (have I ever tried?), I've actually won something, thanks to a rare occasion that Bazza was slower than me in a race.
(added 8/4) I see that TF is also entered. There is also a Frank Wood (u/a) entered. Could that be our Frank - age category fits. And with 500 running and fair weather prospects I will hopefully not get lost. Target 3hrs. Nice to see JtE burning up the track last night.

No comments: