Saturday, March 14, 2009

Trollers Trot Sat 14th March

At the third weekend of trying I've finally managed to complete an event without serious mishap. So full route today, 2nd half was recced last month, 24.8m/3064ft completed in 5hr29mins, half an hour inside my guestimate due to good underfoot conditions.

I think my approach regarding these events (to enjoy them) is paying dividends. Recce the 2nd half as a minimum and leave a certain amount for an element of surprise. On both this and The Hebden I was able to run the 2nd half without having to refer to the map or the instructions and today it really helped as the last 6 miles was full-on into the headwind. It meant I could concentrate on just doing the running without having to wonder where I was.

I had planned on doing the Barbondale Round on Sat 18th April, but am giving this a miss now as I won't have time to do a recce. In its place will be the Coledale Horseshoe Fell Race which will hopefully mean I'll be able to see FSS on his Joss Naylor, at the very least watch him cross the finish line!

TF

No comments: