Sunday, March 29, 2009

Midgely Moor Fell Race 5m/1250ft (Sat 28th March)

The disclaimer on the entry form was as follows

" I am running this race for the pure joy and

excitement it will give me. I will feel no pain.

If I follow anyone in a Calder Valley vest I do

so entirely at my own risk "

So I followed someone in Todmorden vest instead, who was inturn following someone in a green top, who was following someone in a red jacket and so on. A whipping from burnt-off heather and two bouts of hailstones tested us out on our pain threshold. As for joy and excitement, there was some sunshine and a couple of nice fast downhill bits.

Post-race discussion was mainly centred on which was the best route between the 5th and 6th CP - up and over the heather or on path round the side. Jury's still out I think. (I did up and over).

Results-wise, I finished a bit worse than last week 102/104 in a time of 74:25. Winner managed 37:49 (M Speake of P&B)

This week

Tues 30th - I shall be joining EtU at Liver Hill (traffic permitting). If you click on this link http://www.johnmayall.btinternet.co.uk/liverhill2006.htm it'll show you what we have to do. Interesting that the profile is not a mirror image even though it's an out'n'back route.

Thurs 2nd - UTUP

Sat 4th - Askham Fell Race

TF

No comments: