Wednesday, March 04, 2009

End of An Era, Bodyclocks

Just catching up on the blog. I certainly have been lapsed of late as far as Thursday night runs go, although reading earlier reports, maybe I've never been really doing them, being a relative newcomer of only 18 years standing - but I also seem to remember the mad rush to get from the train at Lostock to Robin Park on Tuesday nights all those years ago. Am I imaging that we did full sets of 400 reps in around 1:20 per lap?
My running has now reduced to a weekend run and one midweek run - and this week maybe not even the midweek run. Last Saturday's run comprised  a 10 mile run back from Higher Wheelton via White Coppice after shopping for a new waterproof jacket for Julie at the outdoor shop in Blackburn. On Sunday we went for a short walk up and down Great Hill from White Coppice. By the evening I felt like I had done the Hobble and Borrowdale on consecutive days - I seem to have no stamina at the moment and have ended up gaining 5 or 6 pounds. I'm not sure if I've fully recovered from my having shingles. I've a match tomorrow but may make the effort next week.
I had planned on joining you all on the Saturday morning run but Julie put me off, referring to this Horizon programme on bodyclocks which suggests you are at greater risk running in the morning so I ended up running in the afternoon. I watching the programme now on iPlayer. It also advises its better to drink alcohol later in the day - I'll drink to that.
It's clear that I will have to miss the Hobble this year - two weeks is not sufficient to get me back on track. Don't know what to aim for now. Still toying with the idea of the GR10 but the weakness of the £ against the euro has increased the cost by 30% so a delay of one year makes sense. Have put the equinox do on the calendar.

No comments: