Sunday, March 08, 2009

As Proposed...

...I've firmed up on Friday 20th at the TaT. Usual drill, come when you want, bring whom you want etc etc.

Sounds like you got a raw deal at Black Combe, TF, with a bad case of dereliction of duty by the marshal. I'll not further upset you by telling you what a fun run we had locally, yesterday, ticking off the odd trig point and other local landmarks.

I've done both the Bootle Black Combe, which doesn't seem to be held any more, but was traditionally the day after Wasdale, and the Silecroft race. The Bootle race was on a lovely day, but for the Silecroft visibility was similarly bad to yours, but I managed to stay with a few others who seemed to know the route and we finally emerged from the clag at about 750 ft for a fine run in.

Once, having walked up Black Combe sans compass, on what had started off as a clear day, I lost my bearings on the summit and couldn't find my route down. This was eventually located by descending in a spiral until I crossed the path ~ not recommended.

EtU

No comments: