Sunday, February 15, 2009

TF's alternative day out

Glad to hear you're all back safe and nearly sound. I'm also glad that my number found a new home in someone else's bumbag.

Whilst sat on a little Yorkshire Dales Bus departing Grassington later yesterday morning, I started to think 'this is the life' - get someone else to do the hard stuff while I play away in the snow. Having given up my place on the Amble, my task for the day was to do a walk/run recce of the 2nd part of the Trollers Trot. How apt, considering the previous weeks confinement.

Quite a big chunk of this section follows the course of the River Wharfe, so nice and gentle with a slight (4-5m) detour to go past (not through, so I took a peep) Trollers Gill. And so yes, before you ask, I did get off the bus, if only so I could go and build a snowman. Contingency plans were in place (little bus again) just in case I didn't feel up to the whole section, but I made it round.

I get to return in a month to do the full 24m. All thoughts of little buses will have to be banished by then!

TF

No comments: