Thursday, February 26, 2009

End of an Era

The earliest mention that I can find in my training diaries, of a group Thursday evening run is an entry on 19th January 1989 which reads "A58 with Gary (Harold) and John (Coope) 7 miles".

My understanding is that the Saturday morning runs were developing at about the same time, but I didn't join those until later. Perhaps JtE can add something to the early history of the Saturday runs.

But back to Thursdays. The drive over to the UP has recently been less and less fruitful, with only the occasional meeting with Steve or the Galloping Major. Resort to Norman's sessions is not giving me the miles I am now seeking, so in future I will be running from home.

If anyone does fancy a Thursday UTUP run, please get in touch; perhaps there will be more interest after the clocks change.

Not checked the diaries that closely, but in that score of years, I've probably UTUPed approaching 900 times.

See you Saturday?

EtU

No comments: