Thursday, February 19, 2009

And then there were four...

As if being run ragged every Saturday by our ladies was not enough I dared to venture out onto the fells with daughter Sally on Wednesday, she being much improved over the last 12 months and fresh from a 10-mile race last Sunday in about 93 minutes. We tackled the route I had done the previous midweek and she pressed me on all the early climbs, not falling back until the descent to the wooden bridge and the drop down the Sheep's Back.


Our time was about 10 minutes slower than mine of the previous midweek and probably reflected the fact that I was not fully recovered from the Amble.

And what about the Amble. Congratulations to all who finished ahead of me and commiserations to those who came in behind. My time was about a minute a mile slower than last year in spite of feeling good during a 24-mile chase of Matt who passed me on the descent of the Ramp and stayed elusively in sight until Darwen Moor. I had no idea of where the rest of the squad were as I had not seen anyone ahead of me over the first couple of miles. So Nico and NLN must have had a very fast start that put them right out of sight by the time I reached the Pike and they continued to remain so until the finish. In other words another typical Saturday performance. Well done.

As far as next Sturday is concerned I shall be UTUPing not sure what I shall be fit for but ready to bow to the concensus.

No comments: