Saturday, February 07, 2009

Addendum

Thanks for the mileage JtE and YJ.  Having left you all I wandered back to Top Barn and then retraced our earlier steps to Lower House CP before taking the heavily rutted track up to the Pigeon Tower.  I then turned left and took the wrong stile (too early) to Noon Hill.  I did actually realise immediately what I’d done, as there was no path, however I carried on in the general direction of Noon Hill and eventually came upon it.  Having admired again the great views we had all morning, I carried on up to Winter Hill.  This is a dreadful path usually, but today it was mostly frozen and so offered the best route to the trig point.  Back over Two Lads and then again taking the wrong path (too early again) immediately opposite Pike cottage I trotted about for a bit before regaining the right path that we usually run down which bring us back on the Pike Race route.  Not quite sure of the mileage but given the information provided, I’ll log 15.

Shame we didn’t have a camera we would have had some great piccies from this morning.  But hey, you might like these from the Kentmere Horse Shoe where Col and Ian were playing this morning.

2009-02-07_Kentmere_ 017

A bit of a white out on the Roman Road, near Thornthwaite Beacon

 2009-02-07_Kentmere_ 016

Looking down at Kentmere Reservoir from Froswick

2009-02-07_Kentmere_ 029

Here’s one for you JtE – a Kestrel – honestly, click on image for full size

 

2009-02-07_Kentmere_ 014_01

And then…   amazingly they bump into our mate Keith, who coincidentally also decided to trot round the Kentmere Horse Shoe today.

Apart from tomorrow when I’ll pop up to the Trig Point on Winter Hill, I’ll probably not do many miles before the Amble, but will carry on with the usual weights and Kicking!  So good luck to YJ, EtU, TF and FSS for tomorrow, and see everyone else at the School next Saturday for the Amble.

NLN

No comments: