Friday, January 09, 2009

How Was Your Weather on New Year's Eve?


Sunrise over Rivington Pike


Cloud inversion towards Anglezarke

And finally, clear blue sky over Winter Hill ~ for those of you that lay abed, looking at the freezing mist that surrounded all below 500ft, this is what you were missing.

As I ran towards the Pike from Grimeford Lane on the morning of 31st December, I was cold, weary and (you've guessed it) slightly hung over. Had to be done though to achieve my targeted miles for the month. It didn't improve as I ran (sort of) through the gardens, but then on reaching Georges Lane I was suddenly above the clouds.

Up onto the pike where I met Mike and his family, who kept his promise of sending me the pictures they'd been taking ~ thanks Mike these are great!

(they expand if you click on them)

So next time it looks too miserable to run, head for the hills, and it may all become clear!

What's the forecast for tomorrow?

No comments: