Sunday, December 14, 2008

A Few Things

Sorry if Friday's venue wasn't too good, I'd left it a bit late to book and had to take what was available. Marks out of five ~ beer 4 (good but no choice) food 3 (ok, but hardly haute cuisine) ambiance 2 (only 1 if we hadn't been there) company, as ever 5!

PS ~ Matt, when you give me a lift home, please leave me closer to 4 Grimeford than to the TaT. Still, it gave JtE an easy run on Saturday.

Sunday ~ Longton

Next day dawned as next day will, to find YJ proper ill. The doctor came and shook his head. "It's not a chill, or cold." he said, "Perhaps the advice we gave was best, after Snowdonia you should have have rest."

Sunday ~ Longridge

Only two of our intrepid three toed the line, Mat, nursing a bad knee (does he have a good one?) and yours truly, nursing the chronic sciatica and an embryonic cold. Apparently Matt was in front of me at the start and I passed him early on without noticing, so I ran the whole race peering ahead for a red vest, which was already behind me. I finished a couple of minutes in front of him him, but despite the age difference I claim the victory as I was second last in my age group, whilst Matt was last in his ~ good game, good game. Looking for salvation in yet another PW ~ my time was only 48.1% on top of the winner (Scott Monk in 40:54); could have been worse.

Other Horwich runners were Paul Muller (V50) in second place (wow!), Glyn Kay 12th, Layne Mercer (?) in 38th, Icelandic Kev in 103rd. I was 156th and Matt was 170th ~ 241 finished. A couple of Salford youngsters ran and managed to beat both Matt and me.

Celebrated after with full English at the Stag's Head in Goosnargh; who needs low cholesterol?

Calderdale

Did Horwich ladies beat the mixed Salford team?

EtU

No comments: