Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Routeing A Round

Hoping to lay the ghost of my disasterous 2007 Anglezarke Amble 'run' I am hoping to increase my Saturday milage. With this in mind I propose the following round for one of our Saturday outings:

From the Lower Barn to Hordern Stoops, then Belmont, Catherine Edge as far as GR667190 (just beyond Lower Pasture Barn Farm) and there turning east up the moor to join the Amble route at GR673191. From this point to Darwen Tower and remaining on the Amble route back to Rivington and the Lower Barn. About 17 miles.

Another useful round is YJ's training run from the Lower Barn visiting Slipper Lowe, Roddlesworth Reservoirs, Abbey Village, Brinscall, White Coppice and back to the Lower Barn. I think about 15 miles.

Any suppot would be greatly appreciated.

No comments: