Friday, November 21, 2008

Long Runs and Other Training

I, too, look forward to supporting JtE on some good long outings on Saturdays. OK For TaT 12th I think and then a good outing on the 13th as I'm not out for the next two Sats.

Attended my first Track session last Tuesday - verdict - not as bad as I had feared, thanks to the generous support and encouragement provided by JtE, Nic'O, FSS and the Sunter brigade. However, this could have been because Norman wasn't about, I'm advised that there's a policy of no 'chatting' on the way round when the top man's on duty! FSS has been telling me this is what I should be doing for at least two years, but hearing it from friends who run at about my pace made it much less threatening! So thank you, I'll give it a few more go's. It has meant changing my evening sessions about a bit so that I don't miss out on the kick boxing/weights, and getting in one decent run - not to mention the Yoga which at the moment is having to take a raincheck. This not good as my legs and lower back really need this. Anyway will see how it goes on the run up to Christmas.

NLN

No comments: