Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Planning Even Further Ahead...

...and inspired by Matt's fine photos (although he obviously only found them, rather than having taken them) I seem to remember that Barry Allman and I put down a marker for a winter round ~ to be run clockwise and unsupported. It would be tidy (honest, I don't have OCD) to do this just six months before the regular summer Dozen, so the last Saturday in January, the 31st, looks like it. Could wait 'til the fell calendar comes out to avoid any significant race that may fall on that day, or possibly, if Borrowdale falls into July again, go for the second last Saturday in January (to preserve the symmetry).

I'll speak to Barry to see if he's got a preferred date, as I seem to remember that only he and I thought it was a good idea, and he might have been being polite (does Bazzer do polite?).

Any views?

EtU

No comments: