Monday, October 13, 2008

I Knew It Was Comming...

...but I didn't think it would be quite this bad.

Having only once run under 40 minutes for a 10k, about 15 years ago, and recently and having clocked up several 49 minutes and several seconds, I knew that an over 50 minutes outing couldn't be far away. But 53:20!

Yes, that was the time I clocked at Waddington last Sunday. Ok, I'm a bit heavier than I have been, my miles are down, I've still got that pain in my right glute, and on reflection, I shouldn't have opened that second bottle of red, but 53 minutes!

So, lots of resolutions ~ more miles ~ more effort ~ less food ~ and less booze.

You've all got a lot of work to do to get me ready for the Joss next May; but in the meantime, Snowdonia could be one long, painful race.

EtU

PS Stuart Edmondson (Horwich senior) placed third in 36:08, Andrew Stubbs of CleM V40 won in 34:56 and first lady in 39:12, 14th overall was Bev Wright F45! of Blackpool Wyre & Fylde.

No comments: