Thursday, September 04, 2008

Road Running & Marathon Preparation

To answer YJ’s question about road runs, I've got road runs pencilled in for 20th Sept (18-20m), 27th Sept (10-13m, Macc H-M 28th Sept) & last long run on 4th Oct (18-20m) coughs/colds/injuries permitting.

To date I've been using the road circuit of Winter Hill as part of route. So starting from home I've gone along Beaumont Rd - Victoria Rd - Old Kiln Lane - Chorley Old Rd (Bob Smithy Pub). Down Chorley Old Road through Horwich, onto Lever Park Ave to Rivington - Sheep House Lane - Belmont. I turn off Belmont road onto Scout Rd and continue to Chorley Old Rd (Bob Smithy Pub) and back onto Old Kiln Lane and retraced my steps to home. This works out at 18m.

The bit where I join Chorley Old Rd and then return to it is 13m. Is this the 13m loop you refer to YJ? I don't think I could manage 2 x 13m at your pace but could probably manage 1 x 13m! If this is the correct loop, do you have a preference to clockwise or anticlockwise? We could arrange a suitable meeting point along the route. I remember last year that me and Nicole did part of a similar road run with you all before the Marathon, but think it was a fortnight before the main event. I’ll be ‘resting’ by then and only looking to do 10-13m at the most.


TF


No comments: