Friday, August 01, 2008

Ticks and All That


How timely of Ed to provide us with a useful and informative post on ticks just before many of us will be in the Lake District, running or supporting those running at Borrowdale. The high bracken and vegetation make the chances of being targetted by the little blighters very probable.

I have to say that in all of our outings, Scotland, Lakes or local FSS and I have not yet hosted one of the wee beasties. I'm touching wood as I say this as I realise I am now dangerously tempting fate. I can only conclude that EtU must taste particularly good, attracting five in one outing! I wonder why that is?

Anyway back to EtU's useful advice. Uncannily, immediately after reading the post I had a look at the Great Outdoors website http://www.grough.co.uk and yes there it was another informative and useful article on ticks. Except this one specifically identifies the 'myths' surrounding the removal of ticks (advocated by EtU of course..) using hairspray and vaseline. The Grough article provides a link to a downloadable leaflet which you may find useful.
http://www.thebmc.co.uk/bmcNews/media/u_content/Tick_leaflet_08_%20final.pdf

Enjoy your weekend whatever you're doing.

NLN

No comments: