Saturday, August 09, 2008

Cains not Able...

...to make a profit, and have gone into liquidation. What then, will the future hold for the Thatch and Thistle?

Best scenario:- the company is bought by a national company, which closes the brewery and the TaT sells a variety of beers.

Next best:- the brewery is kept open, continues to brew, but to a different recipe.

Worser:- the brewery continues to brew to the same recipe ~ but why?

Worst:- no-one wants the TaT and it it closes down and becomes a sun bed parlour.

As of last night the pub was open, the staff were subdued, customers were asking when they were starting to sell Flat Cap, and Pete (the landlord, not their second best customer) was not available for comment.

Although not (as you may have guessed) a fan of Cains, I have enjoyed having a pub so close to home, indeed it was a factor in our choice of house, but although I have done my bit to keep their turnover at a good level, I cannot, try as I might, support the whole of the north west brewing industry on my own.

If I hear that there's to be a closing down sale, I'll let you know


Don't Ask...

...about NLN's shirt/sport/skout or whatever.


Miffy (!) Commits Heinous Crime

My Old Speckled Hen acquired her third cat yesterday and we've fallen out. Me and the kitten that is. It's only young (as kittens tend to be) and it must have been using a litter tray lined with newspaper at its previous home. We came to this conclusion after it climbed onto the bed this morning and relieved itself on my Daily Mail, which I was reading with my morning cuppa. Cat lovers amongst you will be pleased (and perhaps surprised) to hear that it is still alive.

EtU

No comments: