Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Borrowdale 2008 and the Hidden Jam Butties

(Sounds like a Rupert Bear adventure)

Just a few comparative times, now that the results are available:

2007 was a short course, Scoffer having taken Mountain Rescue advice and taken Scafell Pike out of the course due to "adverse weather conditions".

Couldn't find 2006 results, either at home (probably because I didn't do it) or on the Borrowdale site, because they have the 2007 results repeated when you tab the 2006 results.

2005 then. Winner in 2005 was Simon Booth in 2:46 as he was this year in 2:49. FSS took a healthy 31 minutes off his 2005 5:09 to clock 4:38 this year. Staffers (aka Mat) (DNE 2008) ran 5:15 in 2005, just seconds behind Yours Truly (DNF 2008) who also ran 5:15 in 2005 ~ Good grief! I didn't even get to Honister in that time this year!

Colin Waterworth made his debut both in the race (5:36) and on Scafell Pike ~ never having been there before! On the way home he said it was a horrid race and that he would never do it again. However in an email (trying to trace his mobi) a couple of days later, he had relented and is planning (perhaps that's a bit too strong) to do it again next year.

And the hidden Butties? Having (been) retired at Honister, I had headed straight to the butty shack when I got back to Rosthwaite, and then remembered that I had to check in at the finish. Not wanting the organisers to see just what my priority had been on return, I hid my jam butties up my jumper, reported in, then ate them when I was safely out of sight again.

EtU

No comments: