Sunday, July 13, 2008



Holme Moss Fell Race 17.5m/4500ft Sunday 13th July

I have to thank Holmfirth Harriers for a superb day out. Can’t ask for more when for a fiver you get glorious scenery, plenty of liquid during the race and fed at the end. Oh and to top it off, a bottle of wine to take home to celebrate your day’s accomplishments with your feet up!

So here’s where I ran. It took the winner Chris Birchall (Leeds AC) 2:37 , me 4:51 (inside my 5hr guestimate)




I stopped off on the way there to take this picture from close to the 7th cp (couldn't resist!). The start/finish is from behind the ridge in the far distance and you head round the edge of the forest on the right on the way out to point where I’m standing. Going back (from same point) you head through the forest along the left edge of the reservoir.

The following link shows you some views from the 3rd to 6th cps.
Crowden to Black Hill

No comments: