Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Greetings from Barbati, Corfu

Great innit, you get up in the early hours of the morning to fly into the sun and when you get there, the English edition of the Daily Mail (at 2.50 Euros a shot) tells you that it's high twenties at home and you're lookoing out at the rain.

Anyway, it's good to see that you're all out and about and doing lots of stuff.

My plan to get up Pantokrator (906 metres) every day has been thwarted due to it being the best part of a four hour round trip, so I've only managed it twice so far, but getting part way up most days. There is a cafe at the top so I don't carry water, but on my second outing it was closed, and I had to beg water off the lone monk in the adjoing monastery. Wasn't sure whether I should offer to pay for it so I just said "God bless".

Very best wishes,

σδφςερλπφωψσδρ (Greek letters, hope it's not rude)

EtU

Sunny now, perhaps the "U" will stand for "undressed"

No comments: