Sunday, April 13, 2008

Kinder Downfall 10m/2500ft

I was pleased to see YJ back on track last week. I, on the other hand, am continuing with some inconsistent running (mostly of my own making this week) as the wheels well and truly fell off the cart for this tour of some of the highlights of the Peak District. Luckily no physical injuries (cuts, scrapes, bruises) were sustained and the mud's scrubbed off; I live to run another run.

The next bit is the 'I could've told you so'. On reflection, too many miles this week between Monday and Thursday (47.5 to be precise) became my 'downfall' today. I'd completed my aim of 60m for the week, but in doing so meant that it was probably the major (certainly not only) factor in being about 8mins slower than last year.

Fortunately I still have a number of weeks to go before the 'big one', and the three fell races prior to this are all new to me, so they'll all be PB's! But in light of what I've learned from this week, some judicious tweaking of the training schedule is required.

TF


All races are just training for the next one. Ed

No comments: