Monday, March 10, 2008

All Breakages Must be Paid For

Thank you all for the gorgeous flowers.

Brief update. Went to Fracture Clinic on Thursday where the doctor recommended I ditch the crutches and weight bear. By Friday my foot was very sore and swollen so we decided to go back to A and E and get them back. Protocol, or as Littlejohn would say 'Elf and safety, decree that I have to be remeasured for them so need an assessment. Of course as luck would have it the waiting room was full. Anyway half an hour later I got to see the Triage nurse who was totally sympathetic and let me have some more crutches without seeing a doctor. I got the impression they were not impressed with the Orthopedic lot who "are a law unto themselves." Very confused about whether I should or shouldn't weight bear. Any ideas??

Thought about you all on Saturday thinking where you would be at various times in the morning. Really missing running. On a good note, the horses have been washed and brushed and ridden and I have even started to clean their tack. If you fancy running this direction I offer a good mid run tea or coffee.

Hope to see you all sooner rather than later.

Nic'O (or should I say Hoppy?)

I know what a triage nurse does, but is the word a mnemonic?

Ed

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

From Wikipedia - Triage: the term comes from the French verb trier, meaning "to sort, sift or select."

Sounds like they've got the right person doing the job if they saved you from another encounter with the orthopods.