Monday, December 17, 2007

Saturdays

At the moment it's looking like there should be no break in the Saturday runs over the Christmas period, although the durations may be curtailed. Eight thirty start at the Barn, or, as is becoming the norm, as early as you want from anywhere else, reaching the Barn at 8.30. Wonder where (and when) YJ's Saturdays will need to start, as he moves inexorably towards his hundred miles a week.

Thursday 20th December 2007

Readers of the RMI blog will be aware that the club's annual Hospital Run now coincides with the wfdbwgua Bob's Smithy Run (would you rather go to hospital or to the Bob's Smithy?). The HR was traditionally on the last club training night (Tuesday) before Christmas but has recently been moved to the Thursday to protect the track session.

Suffering, as I do, from divided loyalties I'm going to do as I did last year; start with the slowest group from the leisure centre and then drop off at the Smithy on the way back, probably about eightish. If we have a squad starting at our normal time of 6.30, I'll tell any drinking, but non-running parties to expect you any time from 7.15. Can someone indicate whether we will have a turn-out?

Not wanting to appear reactionary (although it gets increasingly more difficult with the passing years) I'll just mention that for 'elf and safety reasons, the HR now goes out along Chorley New and back along Chorley Old because when we're all eyeballs out on the return, Chorley Old is better lit and we're less likely to get run over.

EtU

3 comments:

F S Shuffler said...

H Hobble / W Hike

15th March - Entries available after Christmas.

Little to do with the blog item but I thought it better to comment on a recent one.

Anonymous said...

Apologies but I think for the first time in as long as we've being doing the run, I shall have to miss - and I'm not even blasting a small white ball across a net.
Have one for me and I'll see you on Saturday.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, like t'yorkshireman, I will not be out on Thursday either.