Monday, February 13, 2006

Bleasedale Circle ~ Saturday 25th Feb 2006

Watters and I did this in 2005 and Watters hasn't raced since, at least not on foot. If you remember he's a cross cyclist now, so it was with great hopes of my first Watters beating that I persuaded him to toe the line. It was a glorious morning, albeit (I like 'albeit', it's a good word) cold and windy. I was at the start on time, with well behaved bowels, and secured a start position just ahead of those I was expecting to beat (Watters, Jan Atkins and the like), but it was not to be. Watters flew past me before we even hit the fell and Jan come past, slightly slower half way up the flank of Fairsnape.
They continued to race away along the ridge, over Parlic and down back to the finish. Pete Gillham was also there, not fit, no ... to train and I thought that he might be for the taking as well, but that wasn' to be either. Dave Tolson was there, also not fit, and also in front of me.

But it wasn't a total disaster

No comments: